Wednesday, 13 September 2006

Kite Humble

Coffee break this morning saw me viewing over the Ivel Valley. It's now pretty much a daily ritual: have breakfast, smoke fag, do ten minutes birding, see nothing.

But today a distant raptor drifted into view, accompanied by three carrion crows. Head on, my first thought was a harrier, but as it drew overhead all became clear- red kite.

Rushed to my desk and put news out. Everyone at work is either engaged, on voicemail, or being slack, but a few people gathered as it drifted out of sight over the gardens.

After a lunchtime stroll that was enlivened by a couple of hunting hobby, I returned to my desk and out of the corner of my eye, spyed a familiar face in the corridor. That looks like Kate Humble at the vending machine!

She has very nice eyes.

No comments: